Some people love it, some other hate it, probably for that terrible breath that leaves on everybody's mouth when we eat it. I am talking about garlic, one of the kings in Sicilian cuisine. Raw or cooked you find it in innumerable Mediterrenean recipes, but the majority of people probably doesn't know the amazing healthy properties of this incredible herb, used as a medicine throughout history to help treating a large varieties of diseases such as:
- Common cold and sore throat
- Blood system and hypertension
- Everything connected to the heart: heart attack, coronary condition, high cholesterol
- Osteoarthritis and artherioscerosis
- Prevention of some cancers: lung, prostate, breast, stomach, rectal and colon cancer
Especially during this time of the year in which winter is about to come (or in some countries has already arrived) just keep in mind that eating raw garlic in food can be a big help to strengthen your immune system, fight seasonal colds and also an amazing prevention for more serious situations.